Bluff City was laid out by Abraham Louderback, and surveyed and platted by Leonidas Horney, November 2d, 1860. It is situated on the northwest quarter of section one. At present there is one store, kept by John Duncan, and a saw-mill.
Excerpted from The Combined History of Schuyler and Brown Counties, Illinois, 1882
Transcribed by Robin Petersen for Schuyler County ILGenWeb.
Copyright 1999-2006 Judi Gilker; all rights reserved. For personal use only. Commercial use of the information contained in these
pages is strictly prohibited without prior permission. If copied, this copyright must appear with the information.
Return to Hickory Township index