The Baptist Church
By John Knowles
The Baptist Church in the village of Littleton, was organized in 1849. A number of the members of the Rushville Baptist Church lived in the neighborhood, and it was thought desirable to plant a Baptist Church in the village. Seventeen members were granted letters from the Rushville Church, and Littleton Baptist Church became a fixed face; has remained such ever since, and is to-day a flourishing church of some one hundred and fifty or one hundred and sixty members, and a large and interesting Sabbath-school.
Source: The Combined History of Schuyler and Brown Counties, Illinois, 1882
Transcribed by Carol Longwell Miller for Schuyler County ILGenWeb
Copyright 1999, 2000 Robin L. W. Petersen; all rights reserved. For personal use only. Commercial use of the information contained in these pages is strictly prohibited without prior permission. If copied, this copyright must appear with the information.
Return to Littleton Township index