It is situated in the S. E. ¼ of the S. W. ¼ of section 2, and was surveyed and platted August 5th, 1870, by J. Stumm, Deputy County Surveyor, for Samuel Fowler. The name of the post-office is Baders. A neat frame church of the Christian denomination, graces the village, and a commodious and well built school-house shows that the people are not unmindful of the important matter of education.
General Merchandise.--S. D. and W. Bader & Co.
Saw Mill.--Bader & Co.
Postmaster.--S. J. Gibbs.
Excerpted from The Combined History of Schuyler and Brown Counties, Illinois, 1882
Transcribed by Carol Longwell Miller for Schuyler County ILGenWeb
Copyright 1999, 2000 Robin L. W. Petersen; all rights reserved. For personal use only. Commercial use of the information contained in these pages is strictly prohibited without prior permission. If copied, this copyright must appear with the information.
Return to Browning Township index