|Assemblyof God Church|
Assembly Of God ChurchBuilt Here In 1941
The church of theAssembly of God, a neat brick structure which stands just off the publicsquare on South Liberty street, was erected in the year 1941 by a groupof loyal workers, under the supervision of Rev. Ivan Belmer, who had beenholding meetings in the community for some time.
The site on whichthe church is located was donated to the worthy cause by John A. McCormick,who in recent years has been a confirmed invalid and confined to his bedin the Culbertson hospital.
Among the pastorswho have served the church since it was erected seven years ago, are Rev.Harold Richardson, Rev. Odis Modlin, and Rev. Wayne Abney.
The RushvilleTimes, October 7, 1948
TheRushville Times used by permission.
Copyright 1999-2006 Judi Gilker; all rights reserved. For personal use only. Commercial use of the information contained in these pages is strictly prohibited without prior permission. If copied, this copyright must appear with the information.